Our newest Aggie of the Week is Audrey Shifflet, who is sophomore communication major at Cameron. Audrey is also a member of the Comanche Battalion, CU’s Army ROTC unit. Cadet Shifflet and members of the battalion participated in the Bataan Memorial Death March last week in White Sands, NM – a grueling 26.2-mile march across the desert. She chose to march in memory of CU alumnus 1LT Brandon Landrum, who was killed in action in Afghanistan in 2013. Audrey posted her photo on Instagram. Comanche on the move!
So how do you become Aggie of the Week? Take a selfie in spirit wear and post it on social media. Each week, we’ll select a photo to be our Aggie of the Week. Here are the rules:
- Participants can win once per academic year
- Entries must use the hashtag #AggieOfTheWeek, and “Cameron University” must be properly tagged in whatever platform they choose to post their photo (on Instagram, Cameron’s tag is @cameronuniversity; on Twitter, its @CUAggies; on Facebook, it’s @CameronUniversity)
- Photos must have a date stamp from the current academic year
- The photo must clearly display CU apparel, or black and gold colors
- Participants must be current students, faculty or staff
- Entries must be tasteful
- The person selected must pick up their CU swag from the Office of Public Affairs within a week of their selection
- Winners will be announced on all CU social media platforms, so by submitting a photo, participants are agreeing to the use of their image; and, most of all,
- Most of all, the more creative the photo, the better the chance of being selected.
- The photo selected for Aggie of the Week wins $10 in CamCash compliments of CU and Sodexo, Inc., and swag from CU Public Affairs.
Aggie Update is e-mailed each Friday. If you would like to have an event listed in the weekly update or placed on the university calendar, please visit the events calendar request. Events must be submitted by noon Thursday for inclusion in the next week’s Aggie Update. For more information on any events visit the CU events page.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Public Affairs at 580-581-2211 or e-mail email@example.com.