November 2, 2018
Cameron University Athletics
Kenton Means – Sports Information Director
LAWTON, Okla. — The Cameron University volleyball team wraps up their 2018 season on the road at Texas A&M-Kingsville on Saturday, Nov. 3.
– The Aggies are coming off of their second Lone Star Conference win of the year after taking down rival Midwestern State 3-1 on Tuesday behind a career-high 42 assists from Katherine Manning.
– Cameron ranks second in the LSC with 244 total blocks at a 2.14 per set average; led by senior Brandy Carr who is ninth in Division II with 127 total blocks.
– Libero Brittnee Altic’s 13 digs against the Mustangs pulled her to within three digs of being the eighth recorded player to join the CU 1,000 career digs club.
– Texas A&M-Kingsville is ranked in the top-20 statistically in total assists, kills, attacks, and blocks.
– Senior Madison Brabham leads the nation with 11 triple-doubles, averaging 3.76 kills, 4.51 assists, and 2.30 digs per set.
About the Aggies:
– Cameron now sits at 4-25 overall and 2-17 in league matches after defeating MSU on Tuesday.
– The Black and Gold average around 10 kills and assists per set with a .150 attack percentage on offense, while recording 15.7 digs and 2.1 blocks per set on defense.
– Paige Dixon leads CU with 278 total kills in 2018, with Carr chipping in 210 and freshman Shantalle Demirjian adding 178.
– Manning is averaging 5.42 assists and 2.18 digs and has 20 service aces on the season as CU’s top setter.
– Altic’s 536 digs at a 4.70 per set average is not the only category the Cache, Okla. native leads CU in, but she also has a team-best 44 service aces this season.
Scouting the Javelinas:
– Texas A&M-Kingsville enters their final two contests of the season with a 16-13 record and an 8-10 mark in league matches; they play MSU on Friday night.
– In 116 sets this season, TAMUK averages 12.7 kills, 12.1 assists, 16.5 digs, and 2.0 blocks.
– While Brabham leads the team with 395 kills in 2018, Melanie Casteel has notched 236 kills and Haley Hutchinson adds 228.
– Emily North has a team leading 746 assists at a 6.43 per set clip, with Brabham chipping in 474 helpers.
– Defensively, Nicole Murff leads the Javelinas with 511 digs and 32 aces, while Hutchinson has a team best 98 blocks and Kailey Estrada has 84 total rejections.
Last Time Out:
– In the previous match between the two teams this season, Cameron took a 2-1 lead with a 25-21 in set three, but the Javelinas answered with a 25-17 win in set four and 15-13 set five win to take the match.
– The Aggies hit .224 with 52 kills, six aces, and five blocks, while TAMUK hit .213 with 65 kills, seven aces, and seven blocks.
– Dixon led CU with 15 kills and Demirjian chipped in 12 kills, while Manning had 25 assists and 13 digs, and Altic had a match-high 17 digs.
– Kingsville was led by Brabham, who notched a triple-double with 19 kills, 21 assists, and 11 digs; North had a match-high 37 assists as well.
Sports Information Director – Cameron University
2800 W. Gore Blvd., South Shepler 512
Lawton, OK 73505
Office – (580) 581-2303
Cell – (580) 583-2210
Fax – (580) 581-5537