For Immediate Release
October 1, 2018
Cameron University Athletics
Kenton Means – Sports Information Director
LAWTON, Okla. – The 2018 chapter of the Red River Showdown begins on Tuesday, as the Cameron volleyball team heads south to face their rival Midwestern State in a Lone Star Conference battle.
– Cameron, who has now lost nine straight matches, snapped a 10 set losing streak with their 28-26 set two win against Angelo State on Oct. 29.
– Midwestern State Texas has lost 13 straight matches, and 10 of their 14 losses this season have been in three sets.
– With her three aces against ASU last Saturday, senior Brittnee Altic is now second in the LSC with 29 service aces in 2018.
– Paige Dixon had 16 kills on 29 attacks to lead CU against the Rambelles.
– MSU’s Sarah Eakin is third in the conference with 1.1 blocks per set and has 60 total blocks this year.
– Sarah Glawe is fifth in the LSC with 6.24 assists per set.
About the Aggies:
– The Black and Gold enters the contest with MSU Texas with a 2-16 overall record and an 0-8 LSC mark, but CU holds an all-time record of 34-22 over the Mustangs.
– Dixon leads the team with 175 kills, while Brandy Carr (129) and Ashleigh McFatridge (100) have also both eclipsed the 100 kill mark.
– Sophomore Katherine Manning averages 5.21 assists per set, and has 375 total assists in 2018, while the freshman duo of Kirsten Evans and Bailee Smith have combined for 251 more helpers.
– Altic averages just under five digs per set, giving her a total of 356 this year, while Manning and Brittany Lawson both have over 130 digs.
– Brandy Carr is second in the LSC with 80 total blocks, and third with 1.11 per set, while McFatridge and Dixon both have over 40 blocks for CU.
Scouting the Mustangs:
– MSU Texas is 2-14 on the season with an 0-8 conference mark as well; they have not won a match since the first weekend of the season.
– The Mustangs average under 10 kills and 10 assists per set, and have 60 total service aces, while also averaging 12.7 digs and 1.7 blocks per set.
– MSU also has three players with 100 or more kills in 2018, with Erin Richburg leading the way with 124 and Raven Presley and Addy Cook chipping in a combined 216.
– Jaycie Fuller, Richburg, and Sarah Glawe lead the team with over 100 digs each, while averaging about two digs per set.
– The Aggies host Texas A&M-Kingsville on Friday, Oct. 5 starting at 5:30 p.m. to close out the first half of the LSC season.
Sports Information Director – Cameron University
2800 W. Gore Blvd., South Shepler 512
Lawton, OK 73505
Office – (580) 581-2303
Cell – (580) 583-2210
Fax – (580) 581-5537