at Lubbock Christian | Dec. 16 @ 1 p.m. | Live Stats | Live Video
at Central Oklahoma | Dec. 18 @ 7 p.m. | Live Stats | Live Video Starting 5:
1. Jamie Bonnarens continues to top the LSC by averaging 17.2 points per game.
2. Lejha Smith is No.7 in the nation with eight defensive rebounds a game and No. 9 in total rebounds per game at 11.6.
3. Lubbock Christian is No. 4 in the WBCA NCAA Division II Coaches Poll and UCO is No. 23.
4. LCU’s Tess Bruffey is No. 1 in the country in blocks with 47, averaging 4.27 a game.
5. UCO’s Jesheon Cooper has had seven double-double games this season.
About the Aggies: Cameron is now 4-5 after splitting road contest last weekend at Texas A&M-Kingsville and Angelo State. For the remainder of December, CU will play three non-conference games before resuming league play on Jan. 4 with UT Permian Basin. Jamie Bonnarens leads the Aggies with 17 points per game and Ava Battese with 12 points per game. Lejha Smith leads at the glass, grabbing 11.6 boards a game and 2.2 blocks a game. Amaka Nwakamma averages 3.6 assists and 2.6 steals a contest.
Scouting the Chaps: LCU is 10-1 overall with their lone loss coming to No. 1 Ashland four games ago. This week the Chaps moved two spots up the national poll to No. 4. They have defeated two ranked opponents this season, then No. 5 Colorado State-Pueblo and most recently delivered then No. 14 Southwestern Oklahoma State their first loss of the season. In that game, 6’4 senior Tess Bruffey scored 25 points, seven blocks and five rebounds in a 9-of-12 shooting performance, which included a career-high 6-of-7 from three-point range bringing her Heartland Conference Player of the Week honors. Bruffey is averaging 15 points per game this season. The Chaps are No. 1 in the nation in blocked shots with 78 as they average seven a game behind Bruffey’s 4.27 a contest.
All-Time vs. LCU: